Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ganesh Chaturthi...

       Its time to know about Ganesh Chaturthi....

       I have come across a very old Graceful Picture of Lord Ganesha. Let me share it with you....  



       Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most important festivals of India.

       As the name indicates, Ganesh Chaturthi is the Birthday of Lord Ganesha.  It comes in the month of August - September ( Tamil Name is Aavani Maadham), on Chaturthi.

       Lord Ganesha is the God of Power and Wisdom.

       On the day of the festival, we buy the Clay model of Lord Ganesha from the skilled artisans. Normally the clay models will be of different sizes, from 3/4 ft. to 30 ft.

       We place the idol in a raised platform and decorate the Lord with Chandan, Holy Ash & Kumkum. Then we put Crown Flower (Erukkam Poo ) and Bermuda Grass ( Arukam Pul)  Garland & offer variety of fruits, corn (Solam), finger millet (Ragi), Pearl Millet (Kambu) along with the home made delicacies, such as Kozhukkattai ( sweet dumplings), Kheer, Vada.

       We normally offer prayers very early by 8 or 8.30 a.m. After our breakfast, we go to Ashram. We stay there for an hour or so. Later we sit outside the Ashram and observe people. By this way one could learn how to behave and how not to.

       The whole day we all will be in a festival mood. We stroll in the beach for hours in the evenings, speak about  A to Z in the world. Most of the time I speak a lot and both Amma and Appa listen to me.

       This Year I have learnt about the importance of Lord Ganesha. Let me share with you too...    with a picture of the Lord....

 

       Hope this might be useful to some of you.


       To add our festive mood, Elango Thatha came to our house this afternoon by around 1.30 p.m. We all had our lunch with him. Spoke to him for a long time. I showed him my science project thesis, Extant and Extinct Marine Reptiles - A Study.  He was vey much impressed by the way it has been presented. Also I showed various assignment works.... He asked me so many questions with regards to the projects I have shown and I answered almost all the questions. He was pretty much impressed and appreciated me. While leaving to Chidambaram, he promised me to comeback to Pondy in three days time.

       I have learnt cycling this evening for an hour. Appa was totally exhausted in this process. At the end of the day we are all, inspite of our festive mood, damn tired.

Good night all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment