Monday, July 30, 2012

26th July - AN AWESOME DAY....

It is 26th July, 2012, our Competitions started.... till today, 30th July 2012 we had competitions.

This year we entered in Category I, as we are in 6th Std. These are OUR DAYS....


On 26th July morning, by 9.30 am, Fancy Dress Competitions were held. Superb every one.

By 10.15 am, I had my English Speech Competition- Finals. The Topic is MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR. I was selected in the preliminary round held on 6th July 2012.

 The Speech Competition started immediately after the Fancy dress competition, as the judges were there on time already at the school.  I was the first to give the speech, as I had to go to the Floral Carpet Competition to be held at the same time. I gave the speech on Thiru. R.K.NARAYAN.  I did very well and of course I have become a great fan of him and keep on reading his books whenever I find a little time. I don't mind reading his writings repeatedly, every day atleast for 15 minutes, before sleeping by 11 pm or even later, after finishing my school works.


After finishing my English Speech, I went to the Floral Carpet Competition. Amma & Appa, were waiting near LKG, with different Flowers, Traditional Lamp & Candle Lamps. Anu miss alloted space and gave my number card. I got it and asked her to which room i have to go. Miss showed the room and amma came in and kept all my things, flowers in the rack and near my place and went out. I started drawing in black sketch and miss asked me to draw it with chalk and not by sketch. Sri Vidya miss gave me chalks and I started drawing it with chalks.

Later, I arranged one by one. This is the first time I single handedly did this Flower Carpet. Thank You Teachers for giving me this wonderful opportunity to try my best in Floral Carpet. I have seen many number of times, Viji Patti, Thatha, Chithi, Chittappa, Amma & Appa making this for offering many number of flowers to Sri Mother & Sri Aurobindo at Thatha's House, in Chithi's House and in our house too. I have done a small area arrangement alone or used to arrange flowers in a tray or plates or in vases.

But I have never arranged solely by myself. This is the first time I have tried my hand in this Floral Carpet. After finishing my first try, I just loved it. It came out very well. Miss told us to light the candles later, just before the arrival of the judges. Mam and almost all my teachers appreciated the flower carpet and friends said that it was very nice. It is only the appreciation and recognition keeps me going and gives me confidence to learn a lot. Thanks you so much Mam & Teachers. Thank you friends.

After sometime, Mam asked us to light the candles. Appa took three snaps and then left the room and said that he would take the photos of other carpets later.

My Floral Carpet
I have seen the works of other Akkas. Really superb carpets. I just loved the way the flowers were arranged.... every one has come out with different themes.

Afternoon session, full of Puzzles, Solo State Dance for category I & II, and a Mime by seniors. Arwa, Mrittika, Siddarth, Oviya Akka, Subiksha Akka, Kiruba Akka, Nimanshi Akka & Sana Banu Akka danced very well. The mime is full of fun and fun only. Enjoyed a lot.


Really it was an awesome day.


2 comments:

  1. Best Wishes Dear:-) Hope you win. Beautifully arranged flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiththi. These encouraging words and appreciations keep me going.

      Delete