Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pongal Celebrations at school

Sorry I have become so so lazy these days to write, then type the posts. This is the reason for my blog’s silence of late.


It has been a festival  month and full of enjoyment & fun. Right from  Amma’s Birthday on 22nd December, the celebrations continue till date.  From Dec 23rd the school closed for Christmas holidays and even after the school reopened at 2nd January 2015, the celebration mood didn’t fade away.  As we had Pongal celebrations in our school, so busy practicing for Pongal kolam, Rangoli, learning to make Sakkara Pongal (sweetened Jaggery Rice), first ten days went by in a jiffy. But I still have to learn to cook in a Mann Aduppu ….


On 13th January we had our Pongal celebrations at school. We all dressed up in a South Indian traditional Pavadai Dhavani  & I love that attire very much. From 6th standard onwards for every Pongal & Diwali, I used to buy a Pavadai Dhavani. We enjoyed our pongal celebrations at school. It was all fun to celebrate with my friends and teachers. Our Class boys won price for the Sakkara Pongal preparation. Hats off to you Friends. 


Thank you Teachers for giving us this wonderful time to make us learn few new things to do on our own. 



I will update this post with photos soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment