Saturday, April 14, 2012

Holiday Plans

List of holiday plans...

1. First one is ... Swimming Class.... Today I have joined the swimming class... MY LONG TIME PASSION... I love swimming... Dad searched for a good coach... thought of Ananda Inn, Mass, Blue Star... & so many other swimming classes.... But finally ended up in Murungampakkam Swimming pool... I have classes from tomorrow morning 6.30 to 7.30.

2. Mom has bought me R.K. Narayan's Classic Collections (4 books) through net order from Landmark, Chennai & ofcourse I have heard Malgudi Days & Swami & Friends from Elango Thatha. It was Elango Thatha who keeps on telling me to read R.K.Ns. Also plan to read Lord Chesterfield's Letter to his son. This book is with thatha. I have to read this one while making a trip to his place.

3. Planning a 10 days trip to Chennai to my Aunt's Wedding. I love to stay & play with my Little Sister Sathvi. She is such a cute little naughty darling... Love you Sathvi....


4. By May 1st week we plan a trip to Alleppey.... as Appa's Resort Consultancy is going on in foot hills of Top Slip, he has to visit there frequently... so by clubbing his work ... we may first go to Top Slip & then from there we might ahead to Alleppey. Yet to get a nod from Dad. 


5. Mom enquired about the French Class in Alliance Francaise... and  I am a bit lazy to go... yet to decide on this.

I have learnt basic cooking from Mom in March. Now I am making tea everyday for Mom & Dad. Also I have learnt to prepare dosa, Idly, Bread Toast, Veggie Sandwich, Maggi, Dhal, Rasam & very well know how to make a thick curd. For cooking, both my mom & My Chithi Nithu Bala (of  Nithu's Kitchen) are my inspirations. Both my mom & chithi cook from their school days... this makes me interested in cooking.

Initially amma was with me while making tea. Nowadays, she is very much confident that I could make a good tea without messing up things in the kitchen. Normally Appa hesitates to drink tea, as he used to take only Protein Drink. But he likes my tea & asks me to make one for him. I could make cardamom & ginger tea too, apart from ordinary one. I am planning to spend quality time in kitchen this summer.

Many might think... what is the necessity to learn cooking at this age...?....  I would definitely say... whether being a girl or a boy... one should know basics in cooking... that would help us to survive in any situation.

Here I remember trying one Chilled Banana Spaghetti some 4 months back... Appa liked it. Mom said it was a good try. I liked it.

So, by the end of this Summer holidays, hope to learn many many more recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment