Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day....

Yeah.... Well.... Everybody loves our father very much.... My dad is more special to me.... He is such a doting father.... no words to explain my love for him....


He is my Best Friend... I share all the things that happen in my world with him... I have never told any lies to him...


He taught me how to handle life... He discusses every single thing with me... He used to tell me his whole days happenings & discusses his work related problems, his finance and all things in earth... 

Basically, this sharing of things was started by Amma from my childhood... She is such a chatter box and would speak to us about her day at home for hours...  ( I wished Mom, on Mother's Day & could not blog, as we were not in town that day).

Here I would like to tell one important lesson I have learnt in my Childhood days.
Those days, whenever I ask for something...(this happens almost daily....      ;-)....) "Appa buy me this.... that...." .
He normally says... "I would buy you one.... But don't ask me immediately....right.... If you demand.... or command... we won't give you...." .
Mom used to tell this in a stern voice... But Dad would tell in a calm voice... Mom & I, at times, were like Tom & Jerry (some 3 years back);-)...ha...ha... just kidding mom...









Also... whenever I was about to cry in my KGs by demanding something to buy at once.... Both my dad & mom used to say.... "Ask the things you need, without crying... you will get it... If you cry.... we never ever give you.....".

Now I am telling this to my little sister Sathvi, when she cries... "If you cry, you won't get a single thing... Don't Cry Dear...." . One day, when I told this to Sathvi, Amma and Chithi over heard this and laughed loudly.... and said, "Hey Shri... She's just a baby.... she could not understand what you say.... tell her when she understands." .

Also Amma & Appa keep on telling me... (even now, at times....)... "Whenever you want something.... think twice...before asking us.... If you really really need that and if you are sure to use that, only then you should ask.... otherwise not.....".
Earlier, I would say... "Yes pa... I thought of this... and its of real use to me... and I want it...".
Now... slowly I realise..... I was wrong... Today, I really think of the use twice before asking anything to appa & amma. Normally I won't ask anything that is exorbitant... I ASK ONLY BOOKS.... Earlier it was Cartoon CDs. For books, he never says NO!!!


For any occasion, whether it is Birthday, Diwali, New Year, Daughter's Day, Pongal, Christmas, even for their birthdays and anniversaries....  they give me BOOKS as gifts.... Even my Thatha and Paatti give me books for all the occasions.... apart from the regular gifts. This has become  a custom in our house for years.... I never expect anything more from them.... Also I would like to say one thing.... no other gift fascinates me like a book..... I am proud to say I LOVE BOOKS.


He often tells me not to get upset over few teasings by somebody close to me, whether they are my friends, neighbours or relatives and asks me to take life as it comes... and not to give too much importance to those hurting comments... Also told me not to speak anything wrong about anybody and also not to speak any abusive slang.


I Love You Dad.... You are my friend.... a great support... and my guide...




No comments:

Post a Comment